Sunday, November 15, 2015

Adjective Agreement Error

In some languages, adjectives agree with the noun they modify in terms of gender (masculine, feminine, or neuter) and number (singular or plural). Do you know the rule for English? Test yourself. 

Do you know the answer? 

Answer:

We sell t-shirts and some others clothes.
We sell t-shirts and some other clothes.

Adjectives and noun modifiers should not take a plural form when they modify plural nouns in English. There are, however, a few noun modifiers that end in an –s: operations, arms, sports, jobs, forensics, physics

Other examples of this error:

  1. Sometimes, stranges things happen to me. 
  2. They look like two twins girls.
  3. Maybe in a few years I will do a couple of faces lifts to look younger.
  4. I am always reading some loves stories in secret.  
  5. I have the strange habit to inform myself about the latest students parties.
  6. I have worked on many films projects.
  7. I don't pay rent, but I help my landlord repair differents things.
  8. We sell offices products.

Resources:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction to My Blog

In this blog you will learn about me and my adventures in my program.