Monday, November 16, 2015

Adjective Form Error

Knowing when to use the noun form of a word or an adjective form can be tricky. You can link a subject with either a noun or an adjective using the verb to be.  You can say,"I was a star," where star is a noun. You can also say, "I was famous," where famous is an adjective. Some choices are more difficult when nouns, adjectives, and adverbs are similar.

 Which is correct, "I am angry" or "I am anger" or "I am angrily"?

Do you know the answer? 

Answer:

 When I heard the news, I was very anger.
 
When I heard the news, I was very angrily.
 
When I heard the news, I was very angry.
The noun "anger" means, "a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility."  The adverb "angrily" describes an action and means, "in an angry way."  The adjective "angry" means, "full of anger." Use the adjective form not the noun form in this context.

Other examples of this error:

  1. Let's eat. I'm hunger.  
  2. As a cheerleader, I have to be enthusiast. 
  3. I'm so pride of my son. 

Resources:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction to My Blog

In this blog you will learn about me and my adventures in my program.