Do you know the answer?
✗ At no time
my child wasin danger.
✓ At no time was my child in danger.
? When a negative adverb begins a sentence, invert the subject and (auxiliary) verb.
Other examples of this error:
- Never I had heard such a noise.
- Hardly I had come in the door when my roommates started complaining.
- At no time the students were in danger.
- Check your writing for avoidable errors using the Virtual Writing Tutor, the best online ESL grammar checker.
- Download the Error Correction Card Game
- Follow us on Facebook.
- Order the Revision Strategies Card from Bokomaru Publications